Purpose - To provide free knitted, crocheted, soft fabric hats for those who have lost their hair due to chemotherapy, brain surgery or any other illness.
Criteria for Hats
- Hats must be handmade.
- Hats must be new.
- Hats should be washable. Wool is okay but not preferred because not only are many people allergic but wool tends to be less soft than acrylics.
- Any regular pattern may be used.
- Softer yarns (such as cotton) are more comfortable.
- Thinner, seamless, non-lumpy caps are good for sleeping.
- Hats made with thinner yarn are better for warm weather use.
- When donating hats, please provide the name, address, phone number and email address of the person who made the hat. This is to maintain a doner list. This information will remain confidential and will never be shared with anyone.
- Please provide a name (or nickname) to put on the label that will be attached to the hat.
- Please include fiber content and, if available, laundering instructions.
- Once your hat is received, a tag will be attached and it will be delivered to the nurses who will distribute them to the patients.
If you are interested in sending hats for donation, please contact me at email@example.com Please be sure to put either 'hats' or 'headhuggers' in the subject line.
Labels: Bronx HeadHuggers